Monday, January 24, 2011

Poems


Slippery Slope
I’m singing the same song again
It’s not my fault but I re-begin
Intro now, chorus, refrain
Rise above where I’d once lain
This song’s a sad one, it always is
I wipe eyes dry, relive that kiss
Hold on because there’s nothing else
Descend into my own personal hells
Can I sever the line to the anchor I love?
The surface gets higher and higher above
The dark is hard and metal and cold
It reeks of despair with a hint of mold
Just I am here with the corpses of hope
The path to the bottom’s a slippery slope.

Dreaming
My eyes now dry my head held high
I’m lost inside an amber sky
I need no one that is my vow
I tread the clouds and take my bow
Please think of me is my last line
My voice fades and I take what’s mine
The clouds turn back to sultry gray
And leave me to do what I may
I wipe sleep off my weary mind
My eyes not dry my head not high.

Deserted Sand (Sonnet)

Barren and dry and arid, desolate
Lonely it seems but we’re all ensnared here
Quietly we speak all tugging Fate’s ear
Chasing the shadows, my own silhouette
There are no trees here, only mounds of sand
That keep ticking, always ticking away
They never cease and they cannot delay
As silence keens mournfully from Nowhere
Remember the time we all had time?
To squander is to lose the game called Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment